The Northern Justice Project's main practice areas include:
- MEDICAID RIGHTS
- CONSTITUTIONAL LAW
- SECTION 8 BENEFITS
- TENANTS' RIGHTS
- CONSUMER RIGHTS
- UNFAIR TRADE PRACTICES
- EMPLOYMENT LAW
- THE INDIAN CHILD WELFARE ACT
- LEMON LAW
- UNFAIR DEBT COLLECTION PRACTICES
- FORECLOSURE DEFENSE AND PREVENTION
- SPECIAL EDUCATION LAW
Recent Cases of Interest:
- Murran v. Streur: Class action lawsuit challenging the inadequate foster care rates paid by the Office of Children's Services on behalf of Alaska's foster children.
- Pitts v. Anchorage School District: Putative class action challenging the Anchorage School District's restraint and seclusion of disabled school children.
- Z.C. v. State of /Alaska: Putative class action challenging the State of Alaska's practice of taking foster children's Social Security benefits without notice.
- M.M. v. Fisher: Putative class action against the Alaska Office of Public Advocacy challenging the high case loads of OPA's public guardians, preventing them from carrying out their basic statutory and fiduciary duties to their wards.
- Mooradian v. Bishop, Marshall & Weibel, P.S.: Class action lawsuit challenging the debt collection practices of several Seattle-area law firms and attorneys on behalf of the Mat Su Regional Medical Center in hundreds of collection lawsuits filed against Alaskan consumers.